EDP Talent ID Program 2013-2014
Purpose of TIP
To support U.S. Soccer’s Youth National Team programs by identifying the most promising young players within EDP & MAPS providing meaningful developmental opportunities that would better prepare these players for selection into U.S. Soccer Training Centers and U14 National Development program.
1. Development Days: EDP & MAPS Clubs will recommend players born between 1999 – 2002 to attend local Development Days.
- These days will be held during July & August in locations conveniently located to the majority of EDP membership clubs.
- High level training, small sided games and player development workshops will be staffed by DOC’S of EDP Core Clubs and directed by Tony Williams TIP Technical Director
- The most promising players will be invited into a select player pool.
2. TIP Training Centers: TIP Training Centers will operate in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Providing opportunities for a larger pool of younger players to train more often, closer to home.
- Players can participate in up to five Training Center sessions will take place every other month between September 2012 – June 2013
3. Regional Formation Centers: Players from TIP Training Centers will be invited to attend our Regional Formation Centers
- Four Residential 2-3 day Talent Showcases would be held between October 2012 – June 2013
4. TIP Representative Squads: Representative Squads will be selected to showcase their talent in developmental fixtures with Top Club Teams/Youth Academies of Professional Clubs.
- Provides U.S Soccer with a convenient, cost effective mechanism to identify promising players that are currently not playing in DA clubs within EDP market.
- Provides EDP & MAPS membership Clubs with opportunity to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- There will be no cost for players to attend TIP Events.